Kurzweil MPS10 Portable Piano Keyboard
Free delivery anywhere in the UK.
2 Year UK Warranty.
Kurzweil are known in the industry for being the first to realistically sample a grand piano into a electronic keyboard.
It was the founder and famous inventor, Ray Kurzweil, who worked together with Stevie Wonder to make this happen.
Of course, years later companies such as Yamaha and Roland also made this available.
But, thanks to Stevie's request, and Ray's dedicated work, Kurzweil managed to set the stage for future digital pianos.
The Kurzweil MPS10 is a lovely sounding stage piano. It is portable and can be easily moved around, and suitable for home use or on the stage.
The MPS10 is very popular amongst professional musicians who need to transport it frequently to gigs.
It offers not only the realistic sound quality, but also the key feel of a real piano.
Kurzweil use the famous Italian keyboard maker, Fatar, to design and fit their keyboards.
They are ultra respsonsive and suitable for any level of playing from beginner to advanced.
I've not found a portable-type piano that has such a warm and pleasant tone as this.
The Steinway sampled sound is instantly recognised... and Kurzweil spare no cost by putting 2 large speakers inside totalling 30 watts! So you don't need to connect it to a separate amplifier like you do with many other portable pianos.
Of course, it's not all about volume. The large speakers (more than twice the size of similarly priced pianos on the market help give it warmth, depth, and tone clarity.
"Seriously, if you want to get a nice portable piano, there's nothing that comes close for the price.
Equivalent pianos from Yamaha, Roland or Kawai cost almost double the price", Sevgi
Included with this piano:
Sustain pedal (proper piano type)
Mains power adapter
- Keyboard:88 Note, Fully-Weighted,Hammer-Action Keyboard
- MPS10: LK-40L
- MPS10F: Fatar TP/40L
- Keyboard Sensitivity: 10 selectable response levels
- Display: Scrolling 2-character, dot-matrix LED
- Polyphony: 64 note
- Preset Programs: 88 Expressive sounds including award winning Triple Strike Grand Piano, all taken from the PC3.
- User Presets: 3, one-touch recallable “favorites”, providing quick access to customized selections.
- General MIDI: No
- Splits/Layers: Quick Split/Layer, easy access with adjustable relative volume
- Transpose: Full transposition to any key, +/- two octaves
- Tune: Adjust by Cents (+/- 100 cents)
- Effects: Dual ambience and effect processors (reverberation and chorus). Rich and complex effects from the PC3 Series.
- Drum Patterns: 78 pre-recorded interactive patterns in a variety of styles (incl. metronome)
- Recorder/Sequencer: 1-Track; 9 song capacity.
- Demo Songs: 51 classic piano demonstration songs
- Sound System:
- Amplifier: 2×10 Watts RMS at 1% THD; 30 watts maximum total power
- Speakers: 2 full-range speaker stereo sound system.
- Audio Outs: Stereo left/right 1/4″ line outs (for connecting to external amplification)
- Audio Ins: Stereo left/right 1/4″ line ins (for connecting external sound sources)
- Headphones: (2) 1/4″ stereo headphone outs
- MIDI I/O: MIDI over USB (see below)
- USB: (1) port; “Plug and Play” USB functionality allows MIDI over USB for connecting to/from an external computer sequencer; no software driver needed
- Pedals: (1) dual switch-type jack (single switch-pedal included)
- Finishes: Dark Gray
- Stand: Matching stand optional
- Bench: Sold separately
- Included Accessories:: Power cable, Switch pedal
- Instrument: 3.54in(H) x 51.22in(L) x 14.17in(D)
- 9.0cm(H) x 130.1cm(L) x 36.0cm(D)
- Stand (optional): 26.02in(H) x 51.22in(L) x 13.78in(D)
- 66.1cm(H) x 130.1cm(L) x 35.0cm(D)
- Weight: 39.7 lb / 18.3 Kg
- Power: 15 VDC, 2.5A, 100-240VAC external power adaptor (incl.)